Thread: Embedded Image file in Access

Brian Buckland Guest

Embedded Image file in Access

I`m trying to dynamically display an image which is embedded into an Access DB record. I read all about your example online about to display an image out of Access, however I noticed that the example was assuming that the only thing in access was the image name and that the image was stored in a separate directory. This doesn`t help me. :-) Any suggestions on how to display this embedded image?

Thanks,

Brian
    D-19047

Frank Guest

Embedded Image file in Access (reply)

Brian,

> display an image which is embedded into an Access DB record....

What image type is that ?? If you use Access`s tool to copy a record from a file into the record as an ole object. There are "headers" and "footers" attached to the image and there are no public documentation in what the formats are. I guessed the bmp image`s offset but that doesn`t really help a lot as it is not supported in the browser. If you must use ACCESS to store "raw" image such that it can be displayed in the browser directly from the record instaed of an HREF link, try the get/append chunk methods to store the raw image in either the memo or the BLOB field. As long as the image is "raw" without any headers and footers, aspDB will display it direct from the record (gif, jpg and png). Check out the SQL PUBS database example to see how the "embedded" gif image "logo" in the "pub_info" table record are displayed inside an ASP-DB grid cell.

Frank

On 10/13/98 9:57:48 AM, Brian Buckland wrote:
    >
    I`m trying to dynamically display an image which is embedded into an
    > Access DB record. I read all about your example online about to display an
    > image out of Access, however I noticed that the example was assuming that
    > the only thing in access was the image name and that the image was stored
    > in a separate directory. This doesn`t help me. :-) Any suggestions on how
    > to display this embedded image?

Thanks,

Brian
    D-19047