Thread: error '8004e025' , COM+ Activation failed

Lennart Guest

error '8004e025' , COM+ Activation failed

After re-registering the ASPdb component, I get the following message indicating an error on the first line after creating the object where I use an ASPdb function (e.g. MyDB.dbQuickprops or MyDB.dbUnit):

"error '8004e025'
    COM+ Activation failed because an initialization function failed. Check the event log for more information."

Microsoft gives the following on this:
    --------------
    SYMPTOMS
    Create a component that implements IObjectConstruct::Construct. Configure the component as a COM+ application and enable the object construction property, but do not provide a constructor string.

Attempting to instantiate the COM+ object results in the following error:

Error 8004e025 Automation Error
    COM+ Activation function failed because an initialization function failed.

WORKAROUND
    The workaround for this problem is to enter a dummy string or just spaces in the Constructor String field.
    -------------------------

Any ideas?

Lennart Guest

error '8004e025' , COM+ Activation failed (reply)

Apparently, the problem is caused by disenabling the session state in IIS.
    Then, ASPdb component or any other 'session level' component can not function properly.

------------
    Lennart at 3/6/01 3:23:34 PM

After re-registering the ASPdb component, I get the following message indicating an error on the first line after creating the object where I use an ASPdb function (e.g. MyDB.dbQuickprops or MyDB.dbUnit):

"error '8004e025'
    COM+ Activation failed because an initialization function failed. Check the event log for more information."

Microsoft gives the following on this:
    --------------
    SYMPTOMS
    Create a component that implements IObjectConstruct::Construct. Configure the component as a COM+ application and enable the object construction property, but do not provide a constructor string.

Attempting to instantiate the COM+ object results in the following error:

Error 8004e025 Automation Error
    COM+ Activation function failed because an initialization function failed.

WORKAROUND
    The workaround for this problem is to enter a dummy string or just spaces in the Constructor String field.
    -------------------------

Any ideas?