Thread: Change error mesage when no records found

Bob Bentz Guest

Change error mesage when no records found

When doing a filter/search, if no records are found is returns a msg ERROR plus the query information. I would like to reply Invalid Query Try Again, or something to that effect. A user will be confused by an error msg. How can I change the msg or use a customized msg.

Mark Guest

Change error mesage when no records found (reply)

Hi Bob,

There is a good example of a custom message on the Major Micro Systems site. See example 13a at: http://208.196.181.86/apps
    That should help.

Mark.

------------
    Bob Bentz at 3/6/01 8:10:44 AM

When doing a filter/search, if no records are found is returns a msg ERROR plus the query information. I would like to reply Invalid Query Try Again, or something to that effect. A user will be confused by an error msg. How can I change the msg or use a customized msg.

Jason Guest

Change error mesage when no records found (reply)

Mark,

I have tried accessing the url you supplied. I was wondering if you could supply the latest as I am attempting to resolve the issue of error handling to provide the user with a customized error message on a no result query.

thanks,
    Jason

------------
    Mark at 3/6/01 10:22:55 AM

Hi Bob,

There is a good example of a custom message on the Major Micro Systems site. See example 13a at: http://208.196.181.86/apps
    That should help.

Mark.

------------
    Bob Bentz at 3/6/01 8:10:44 AM