Thread: ASP error '800a0034' Bad file name or number

Ronald Losner Guest

ASP error '800a0034' Bad file name or number

Previously ran older versions of aspdb on personal web server (windows 98) with no problems. Now tried the newer versions and I continually get the bad file name or number error and I have updated all the necessary files provided on the download page. I see that others have had the same problem. Kindly advise how to correct

Frank Kwong Guest

ASP error '800a0034' Bad file name or number (reply)

Designer has been reworked to work better with even W98 by limiting the form(s) display as you'll notice the new format. The temp file format is all different and the old DES file will not work anymore. It is spelled out somewhere in the doc. The new format will keep the previous work without having to save it. Try to activate the designer the first time using -

c:inetpubwwwrootaspdbdllDesigner2001.exe safeload

This would delete the temp file (..system32\_DES2001.TMP) and start new.

FK

------------
    Ronald Losner at 3/3/01 12:37:19 AM

Previously ran older versions of aspdb on personal web server (windows 98) with no problems. Now tried the newer versions and I continually get the bad file name or number error and I have updated all the necessary files provided on the download page. I see that others have had the same problem. Kindly advise how to correct

Ronald Losner Guest

ASP error '800a0034' Bad file name or number (reply)

Frank:

Still receive the same error message and was unable to locate the temp file that you requested I delete.

------------
    Frank Kwong at 3/3/01 12:46:36 PM

Designer has been reworked to work better with even W98 by limiting the form(s) display as you'll notice the new format. The temp file format is all different and the old DES file will not work anymore. It is spelled out somewhere in the doc. The new format will keep the previous work without having to save it. Try to activate the designer the first time using -

c:inetpubwwwrootaspdbdllDesigner2001.exe safeload

This would delete the temp file (..system32\_DES2001.TMP) and start new.

FK

------------
    Ronald Losner at 3/3/01 12:37:19 AM