Thread: Control of Super Calendars' Icon

paul mancuso Guest

Control of Super Calendars' Icon

I'm using the 2000 Gold SuperCalendar and have run into what I hope is a simple solution. First, no matter what I do the SuperCalendars' ICON is always present on the top left corner of the .asp page. How do I eliminate the ICON there? Second, I'm using templates and the ICON again is always on the top left corner of the .htm. How do I format this icon to appear next to the counterpart data item.

Finally, the SuperCalendar works correctly except for the above mentioned items. What am I doing wrong?

Frank Kwong Guest

Control of Super Calendars' Icon (reply)

Top left corner ? Can you post some code (Northwind or Pubs) so I can see the problem ?

FK

------------
    paul mancuso at 11/16/2001 10:12:48 AM

I'm using the 2000 Gold SuperCalendar and have run into what I hope is a simple solution. First, no matter what I do the SuperCalendars' ICON is always present on the top left corner of the .asp page. How do I eliminate the ICON there? Second, I'm using templates and the ICON again is always on the top left corner of the .htm. How do I format this icon to appear next to the counterpart data item.

Finally, the SuperCalendar works correctly except for the above mentioned items. What am I doing wrong?

Paul Mancuso Guest

Frank,

Presented here is the code from the "2000 SuperCalendar" demo which is posted on your Examples Site. I used it as a test to see if my code was in error but the demo code does the same thing. And, that is placing the SuperCalendar ICON in th eupper left corner of the .asp and .htm files.

The code I used follows:
    the .asp file:

<%response.buffer=true%>
    <HTML>
    <HEAD><title>ASP-db SuperCalendar Filter Demo </title>
    </HEAD>

<BODY BGCOLOR=&#34;White&#34; TEXT=Black LINK=BLUE ALINK=RED VLINK=BLUE>
    <FONT FACE=&#34;Arial,Helvetica&#34; Color=Black Size=3>
    <FONT color=blue>

<%
    set cal = server.CreateObject(&#34;SuperCal.Calendar&#34
    cal.archive = &#34;calendar.jar&#34;
    cal.buttonimage = &#34;SuperCal.gif&#34;
    cal.highlightdates(0) = &#34;3/5/2001,3/16/2001,01/01/2001&#34;
    cal.highlightdates(1) = &#34;3/6/2001,3/17/2001,01/01/2001&#34;
    cal.form = &#34;forms[0]&#34;
    cal(0) = &#34;HireDate&#34;
    cal.excludedates(1) = &#34;3/23/2001, 4/15/2001, 11/17/2001, 5/23/2002 - 5/25/2002&#34; &#39;single date and a range of dates
    cal.firstdayofweek = 1 &#39; 1=Sunday, 2=Monday, etc.
    cal.mask = &#34;mm/dd/yy&#34;
    cal.holidays = &#34;1/1, 1/17, 2/21, 3/21, 5/29, 11/23, 12/24, 12/25&#34;
    cal.weeknumbers = true
    cal.firstweekofyear = 4
    cal.isneighbourmonthvisible = true
    cal.datefont.face = &#34;Helvetica&#34;
    cal.datefont.style = &#34;Plain&#34;
    cal.datefont.size = 12
    cal.weekdayfont.face = &#34;Plain&#34;
    cal.weekdayfont.style = &#34;Plain&#34;
    cal.weekdayfont.size = 12
    cal.BGColor = &#34;FFE4E1&#34;
    cal.WeekEndBGColor = &#34;AFEEEE&#34;
    cal.WeekNumbersBGColor = &#34;FFB6C1&#34;
    cal.NeighbourMonthDateColor = &#34;BC8F8F&#34;
    cal.UnselectableColor = &#34;C0C0C0&#34;
    cal.HolidayColor = &#34;FF6347&#34;
    cal.HighlightColor = &#34;FF0000&#34;
    cal.DateColor = &#34;000000&#34;
    cal.WeekDayColor = &#34;0000FF&#34;
    cal.framex = 350
    cal.framey = 350
    cal.framewidth = 280
    cal.frameheight = 300
    cal.weekend = true
    cal.weeknumtitle = &#34;#&#34;
    cal.calendartitle(0) = &#34;Start Date&#34;
    cal.closecalendarafterclick = true
    cal.todayhighlightcolor = &#34;DDA0DD&#34;
    session(&#34;CAL-BUILD&#34=cal.buildheader
    session(&#34;CAL-0&#34=cal.build(0)
    %>

<%
    Set X=Server.CreateObject(&#34;Asp.DB&#34
    X.dbUnit = 21002
    X.dbDSN = &#34;NWIND&#34;
    X.dbSQL = &#34;Select FirstName,LastName,HireDate from Employees&#34;
    X.dbMode = &#34;GRID&#34;
    X.dbGridTableTag = &#34;BORDER=2 CellSpacing=2 Cellpadding=1&#34;

&#39; The next line specifies the template to use for the &#34;Filter screen&#34;
    X.dbFilterTemplate = Server.MapPath(&#34;T-CalFilter1.htm&#34

X.dbBlankText = &#34;&nbsp;&#34;
    X.dbImageDir = &#34;/aspdb/images/&#34;
    X.dbNavigationIcon = &#34;std&#34;
    X.dbNavigationItem = &#34;Top,Bottom,Prev,Next,Filter&#34;
    X.dbNavigation = &#34;bottom&#34;

DefaultDelimiters = &#34;(;,)&#34; &#39; or specify your own if you must put semi-colons in your text
    s = DefaultDelimiters & zResetFilter & &#34;,Clear the Fields; &#34;
    X.dbUserLocalText = s

X.ASPdb
    %>

</BODY>
    </HTML>

</PRE></FONT></TD></TR></TABLE><BR><A
    <P></FONT></P>

</BODY>
    </HTML>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

the .htm file:

<CENTER><FONT face=Arial,Helvetica size=4>Source Code for:
    <B>T-CalFilter1.htm</B><BR><BR></FONT>
    <TABLE border=2 cellPadding=5 cellSpacing=0>
    <TBODY>
    <TR>
    <TD><FONT face=Arial,Helvetica size=3><PRE><center>

[[CAL-BUILD:S]]

This uses dbFilterTemplate = T-CalFilter1.htm </pre>
    <P>

<Font Size=3> <B>Fill in your choices below. <BR>
    HireDate uses the SuperCalendar Icon. </B> </FONT> <BR>

[[FormTag]]

<table Border=3 Cellpadding=5 BGCOLOR=LightCyan>
    <TR>
    <TD>
    <pre>FirstName</pre>
    </TD>
    <TD><input name=FirstName type=text> </TD>
    </TR>
    <TR>
    <TD>LastName</TD>
    <TD><textarea name=LastName type=text rows=3 cols=25></textarea></TD>
    </TR>
    <TR>
    <TD BGCOLOR=Cyan>HireDate</TD>
    <TD BGCOLOR=Cyan><input name=HireDate type=text> [[CAL-0:S]] </TD>
    </TR>
    </Table><P>

<TABLE Border=3><TR><TD>
    <B>Text Comparison:</B>
    <INPUT TYPE=Radio NAME=aspDB_Operator_21002 VALUE=Contains Checked> Contains &nbsp;&nbsp;
    <INPUT TYPE=Radio NAME=aspDB_Operator_21002 VALUE=Starts > Starts With &nbsp;&nbsp;
    <INPUT TYPE=Radio NAME=aspDB_Operator_21002 VALUE=Exactly > Exactly &nbsp;&nbsp;
    <HR>
    <B>Connect all fields using:</B>
    <INPUT TYPE=Radio NAME=aspDB_AND_21002 VALUE=AND > AND &nbsp;&nbsp;
    <INPUT TYPE=Radio NAME=aspDB_AND_21002 VALUE=OR Checked > OR

</TD></TR></TABLE>
    <P>
    Submit: [[FilterSubmitButton]] &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;
    Clear the Form: [[ResetButton]]
    </center>

[[/FormTag]]</FONT></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><BR><A href=&#34;T-CalFilter1.htm&#34;>Click
    Here</A> to return to T-CalFilter1.htm </CENTER>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ------------
    Frank Kwong at 11/21/2001 11:04:39 AM

Top left corner ? Can you post some code (Northwind or Pubs) so I can see the problem ?

FK

------------

I&#39;m using the 2000 Gold SuperCalendar and have run into what I hope is a simple solution. First, no matter what I do the SuperCalendars&#39; ICON is always present on the top left corner of the .asp page. How do I eliminate the ICON there? Second, I&#39;m using templates and the ICON again is always on the top left corner of the .htm. How do I format this icon to appear next to the counterpart data item.

Frank Guest

Paul,
    Are we talking about the demo code on the site -> http://www.aspdb.com/aspdb/yahoo-demo/calendar/calendar-1.asp

If so does the demo form the site display the icon correctly (It looks ok to me here)? If so, what is the difference in setup that cause the problme in display the icon in your browser ?

FK

find out and let me know if there are problems with calendar...

------------

I&#39;m using the 2000 Gold SuperCalendar and have run into what I hope is a simple solution. First, no matter what I do the SuperCalendars&#39; ICON is always present on the top left corner of the .asp page. How do I eliminate the ICON there? Second, I&#39;m using templates and the ICON again is always on the top left corner of the .htm. How do I format this icon to appear next to the counterpart data item.

Paul Mancuso Guest

Frank,

The example I used as a test is located at: http://www.mmstools.com/GOLD/
    the calendar example. Line for line, except the DNS stuff, the test example
    exibited the same behavior as my ASPdb application. You mentioned, it could be something with my browser. What is something? I haven&#39;t a clue!
    All other screen formating, java applets and what have you do not behave like this. I really need a lead or clue here. Paul

------------
    Frank at 11/26/2001 9:40:41 PM

Paul,
    Are we talking about the demo code on the site -> http://www.aspdb.com/aspdb/yahoo-demo/calendar/calendar-1.asp

If so does the demo form the site display the icon correctly (It looks ok to me here)? If so, what is the difference in setup that cause the problme in display the icon in your browser ?

FK

------------

John Guest

Hi Paul,

I assume you&#39;re talking about the example at:

http://www.mmstools.com/GOLD/UNO-Calendar-Flt.asp

You click on the Search button and a small calendar icon should appear to the right of the HireDate field. Isn&#39;t that what you see?

If not, yes, your browser must be one with a bug in it. What version are you using? Try another browser / PC and you&#39;ll see how it&#39;s supposed to look.

The URL that Frank gave you below also has three calendar &#34;icons&#34; and none of them show up in the wrong place. Odds are you have Netscape and one of the versions that has known bugs?

Let us know. Like I say, it looks fine in all of our browsers.

Thanks,
    John

------------
    Paul Mancuso at 11/27/2001 7:20:01 AM

Frank,

The example I used as a test is located at: http://www.mmstools.com/GOLD/
    the calendar example. Line for line, except the DNS stuff, the test example
    exibited the same behavior as my ASPdb application. You mentioned, it could be something with my browser. What is something? I haven&#39;t a clue!
    All other screen formating, java applets and what have you do not behave like this. I really need a lead or clue here. Paul

------------
    Frank at 11/26/2001 9:40:41 PM

Paul,

FK

------------

Paul Mancuso Guest

John or Frank,

My development platform is Windows 2000 running IE 5.5/sp2. The user enviroment is Windows NT running IE 5.0/sp2. This bug is present no matter which browser is used. The example I used is the one you mentioned. Your code line for line. Needless to say, it&#39;s present in my code as well. Same symptoms regardless.

As I said before, no other Java Applet(s) is action strangely and that tells me my browser(s) are not the issue. I&#39;m willing to work along with you on this problem as we will both benefit from our research.

I look forward to your reply.. Paul

------------

Paul Mancuso Guest

John or Frank,

As a sidebar, Netscape 4.7 is doing the exact same thing. Paul

------------

John Guest

Hi Paul,

In an effort to clear this up, I&#39;ve grabbed a screen snapshot of what I see with my browser when looking at the SuperCalendar Demo on www.aspdb.com.

Simply point your browser to:

http://www.mmstools.com/test/images/cal-screen.gif

and tell me if that isn&#39;t the same thing you see when you also go to:

http://www.aspdb.com/aspdb/yahoo-demo/calendar/calendar-1.asp

If not, I&#39;d like to know what&#39;s different?

Thanks,
    John

------------
    Paul Mancuso at 11/28/2001 7:52:31 AM

John or Frank,

------------

Paul Mancuso Guest

John,

I would like to clear this issue up as well. Anyway, I visited your
    sites (2) and the SuperCal Icon(s) are where it should be on my browser.
    Again the applet work fine except for the placement of the Icon. Could it be a programming thing, Hmmmmmmm. I&#39;ve tried every trick that I can think of
    but the Icon is present on both the .asp and the associated .htm. Doesn&#39;t this tell you anything? If you send me your eMail address I&#39;d like to send you my code and snap shots of my screens. I can&#39;t think of anything else to try. Paul

------------
    John at 11/28/2001 1:42:01 PM

Hi Paul,

In an effort to clear this up, I&#39;ve grabbed a screen snapshot of what I see with my browser when looking at the SuperCalendar Demo on www.aspdb.com.

Thanks,
    John

------------

John or Frank,

------------

John Guest

Hi Paul,

So what you&#39;re saying is that the online demos of the Calendar that WE have created look FINE on your browsers, but the ones you did on YOUR system do not, right?

John

------------
    Paul Mancuso at 11/28/2001 3:22:16 PM

John,

I would like to clear this issue up as well. Anyway, I visited your
    sites (2) and the SuperCal Icon(s) are where it should be on my browser.
    Again the applet work fine except for the placement of the Icon. Could it be a programming thing, Hmmmmmmm. I&#39;ve tried every trick that I can think of
    but the Icon is present on both the .asp and the associated .htm. Doesn&#39;t this tell you anything? If you send me your eMail address I&#39;d like to send you my code and snap shots of my screens. I can&#39;t think of anything else to try. Paul

------------
    John at 11/28/2001 1:42:01 PM

Hi Paul,

Thanks,
    John

------------

John or Frank,

------------