Thread: form variables / ASPdb query

Larry Guest

form variables / ASPdb query

Hello. I need help in figuring out a way to pass variables from a form into the ASPdb Pro code. The database query works well the first time, but when you get the next set of records, the form data is not re-established ("JobCriteria" in the code below is lost), and the wrong Select statement is run. The original form is from a diferent page, not the same page as the ASPdb code.

Here is the code I used to choose the proper Select statement based on what the user chooses in the form page...

If Request.Form("JobCriteria&#34 = "avail" Then
    X.dbSQL="Select..."
    ElseIf Request.Form("JobCriteria&#34 = "filled" Then
    X.dbSQL="Select..."
    Else X.dbSQL="Select..."
    End If

Again, this works the first time the page is loaded, but not subsequent times (e.g., when you look for the next group of records, click on filter, etc.).

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Larry

Mark Morris Guest

form variables / ASPdb query (reply)

Larry, perhaps you could use a session variable, as opposed to a form variable.

------------
    Larry at 11/7/01 7:54:46 PM

Hello. I need help in figuring out a way to pass variables from a form into the ASPdb Pro code. The database query works well the first time, but when you get the next set of records, the form data is not re-established ("JobCriteria" in the code below is lost), and the wrong Select statement is run. The original form is from a diferent page, not the same page as the ASPdb code.

Here is the code I used to choose the proper Select statement based on what the user chooses in the form page...

If Request.Form("JobCriteria&#34 = "avail" Then
    X.dbSQL="Select..."
    ElseIf Request.Form("JobCriteria&#34 = "filled" Then
    X.dbSQL="Select..."
    Else X.dbSQL="Select..."
    End If

Again, this works the first time the page is loaded, but not subsequent times (e.g., when you look for the next group of records, click on filter, etc.).

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Larry