Thread: Word Wrap

Michael Flanagan Guest

Word Wrap

Is there any way to control the wrapping of data in a column. For example I have a column heading of "Phone" and the width of the column is being constrained to the column heading width. Now when I view the phone numbers they are wrapping as such:
    Phone
    ------
    555-
    123-

I have tried both Namemap and MagicCell with a width property to no avail.

Michael Flanagan Guest

Word Wrap (reply)

Nevermind... The word wrap is happening because there are too many fields being returned and the table is being shrunk to fit in the browser window...

Thanks anyway.

------------
    Michael Flanagan at 11/7/01 12:08:54 PM

Is there any way to control the wrapping of data in a column. For example I have a column heading of "Phone" and the width of the column is being constrained to the column heading width. Now when I view the phone numbers they are wrapping as such:
    Phone
    ------
    555-
    123-

John Guest

Word Wrap (reply)

Hi Michael,

You might also think about putting a "NOWRAP" tag inside your MagicCell field definitions. If you drop that in, the browser will never wrap those cell contents. Example:

x.dbMagicCell = "fld1,NOWRAP,#fld1#;fld2..."

See ya!
    John

------------
    Michael Flanagan at 11/7/01 1:24:13 PM

Nevermind... The word wrap is happening because there are too many fields being returned and the table is being shrunk to fit in the browser window...

Thanks anyway.

------------
    Michael Flanagan at 11/7/01 12:08:54 PM

Phone
    ------
    555-
    123-