Thread: Join Problem

Carl Draves Guest

Join Problem

I have two tables that I am trying to join. Both tables have a field called Inactive and it is a bit. I only want to show the active employees and only their active paycodes. But it does not like the field Inactive.

' EmployeePaycodes.EmployeeID,
    AER1DB.dbSQL = "SELECT ClientID, LastName, FirstName, SocialSecNumber, Jobtitle, StartDate, Birthdate, Department, PayCode, PayRate FROM EmployeeMaster LEFT JOIN EmployeePaycodes ON EmployeeMaster.EmployeeID = EmployeePaycodes.EmployeeID Where ClientID like '%" & Session("myClientID&#34& "%' Order by LastName "

Any ideas.

Carl

Frank Kwong Guest

Join Problem (reply)

doesn't like the field ? what it do ? walk out of the screen and off the table ? click the "type" checkbox of the designer's connection page and tell me what type is the "bit" field.

------------
    Carl Draves at 9/5/01 5:53:02 PM

I have two tables that I am trying to join. Both tables have a field called Inactive and it is a bit. I only want to show the active employees and only their active paycodes. But it does not like the field Inactive.

AER1DB.dbSQL = "SELECT ClientID, LastName, FirstName, SocialSecNumber, Jobtitle, StartDate, Birthdate, Department, PayCode, PayRate FROM EmployeeMaster LEFT JOIN EmployeePaycodes ON EmployeeMaster.EmployeeID = EmployeePaycodes.EmployeeID Where ClientID like '%" & Session("myClientID&#34& "%' Order by LastName "

Any ideas.

Carl

Carl Draves Guest

Join Problem (reply)

Found the problem. I was not naming the field that I wanted to pull like:

EmployeeMaster.Inactive*1 as I should have.

AER1DB.dbSQL = "SELECT ClientID, LastName, FirstName, SocialSecNumber, Jobtitle, StartDate, Birthdate, Department, PayCode, PayRate FROM EmployeeMaster LEFT JOIN EmployeePaycodes ON EmployeeMaster.EmployeeID = EmployeePaycodes.EmployeeID Where ClientID like '%" & Session("myClientID&#34& "%' and PayRate > 0 and EmployeeMaster.Inactive*1 = 0 Order by LastName "

Carl

------------
    Frank Kwong at 9/5/01 8:53:31 PM

doesn't like the field ? what it do ? walk out of the screen and off the table ? click the "type" checkbox of the designer's connection page and tell me what type is the "bit" field.

------------
    Carl Draves at 9/5/01 5:53:02 PM

Any ideas.

Carl