Thread: ISP relocated server, now ASP-db reports errors

B. Snell Guest

ISP relocated server, now ASP-db reports errors

My ISP recently relocated the server on which I was running an ASP-db Pro database. They have re-installed ASP-db Pro on the new server, however whenever I attempt to access my ASP-db application I receive the follow error message:
    ASP error '800a005b'

Object variable or With block variable not set

/asp/sched2001.asp, line 59

Line 59, as referrenced in the error message, reads:

MyDb.ASPdb

Any help you may be able to offer is appreciated...
    Thanks,
    --Bart Snell

Frank Kwong Guest

ISP relocated server, now ASP-db reports errors (reply)

We cannot support users from their ISP that has no support contract/arrangement from us. You hav eto contact your ISP for support. Th eway to suypport is to own the ASP-db product yourself. Actually, we are selling special versions of ASP-db to ISPs that have a local version for all the customers using ASP-db. Ask you ISP about that.

------------
    B. Snell at 9/5/01 12:43:39 PM

My ISP recently relocated the server on which I was running an ASP-db Pro database. They have re-installed ASP-db Pro on the new server, however whenever I attempt to access my ASP-db application I receive the follow error message:
    ASP error '800a005b'

MyDb.ASPdb

Thanks,
    --Bart Snell

B. Snell Guest

Thanks for your reply Frank, although it doesn't help at all... My ISP (Host-All.com) said he contacted you and that you told him it was a "program error". I don't believe that for a second. Nothing changed in the code, only the server was moved and then reloaded with ASP-db.

Why should that cause the program to stop working? In the amount of time you spent giving me your worthless answer, you could have just as easily helped me with this problem.

This is ridiculous.

Very frustrated with the lack of support for this product,
    --Bart Snell

------------
    Frank Kwong at 9/5/01 4:36:29 PM

We cannot support users from their ISP that has no support contract/arrangement from us. You hav eto contact your ISP for support. Th eway to suypport is to own the ASP-db product yourself. Actually, we are selling special versions of ASP-db to ISPs that have a local version for all the customers using ASP-db. Ask you ISP about that.

------------

ASP error '800a005b'

MyDb.ASPdb

Thanks,
    --Bart Snell

Frank Kwong Guest

don't blame you. I would feel the same. Won't be any good to help you out this time as you'll get stuck next time. You cannot work with an unsupported product. I cannot sell one copy of the product and support unlimited users either.

------------
    B. Snell at 9/5/01 6:14:49 PM

Thanks for your reply Frank, although it doesn't help at all... My ISP (Host-All.com) said he contacted you and that you told him it was a "program error". I don't believe that for a second. Nothing changed in the code, only the server was moved and then reloaded with ASP-db.

Why should that cause the program to stop working? In the amount of time you spent giving me your worthless answer, you could have just as easily helped me with this problem.

This is ridiculous.

--Bart Snell

------------

------------

ASP error '800a005b'

MyDb.ASPdb

Thanks,
    --Bart Snell

B. Snell Guest

Thanks for nothing...

------------
    Frank Kwong at 9/5/01 8:32:40 PM

don't blame you. I would feel the same. Won't be any good to help you out this time as you'll get stuck next time. You cannot work with an unsupported product. I cannot sell one copy of the product and support unlimited users either.

------------
    B. Snell at 9/5/01 6:14:49 PM

This is ridiculous.

--Bart Snell

------------

------------

ASP error '800a005b'

MyDb.ASPdb

Thanks,
    --Bart Snell