Thread: Do I need an upgrade?

Dave U Guest

Do I need an upgrade?

I recently noticed the following statement on one of the other postings on this board.

",What company are you with? When did you buy? You're running an old version of Pro. All the new stuff uses Server.CreateObject("ASP.db&#34"

I am still using Server.CreateObject("ASPdb.pro&#34. We purchased PRO back in July of 2000 and shows as version 6.29.16.

Do I need an upgrade? And if so do I need to correct my ServerCreate statements on my forms after the upgrade?

Thanks for your help.

FRANK KWONG Guest

Do I need an upgrade? (reply)

The upgrade is free if you have the maintenance agreement. Plus the Designer is now free with a maintenance contract. Tehr eis no reasonnot to subscribe. Yes, you do have to make a change from X.ASPDB.??? tp ASP.DB and X.ASPDB??? to X.ASPDB. But hte advantage in that now when you upgrade a version, there is no code change any more.

FK

------------
    Dave U at 3/8/01 1:48:49 PM

I recently noticed the following statement on one of the other postings on this board.

",What company are you with? When did you buy? You're running an old version of Pro. All the new stuff uses Server.CreateObject("ASP.db&#34"

I am still using Server.CreateObject("ASPdb.pro&#34. We purchased PRO back in July of 2000 and shows as version 6.29.16.

Do I need an upgrade? And if so do I need to correct my ServerCreate statements on my forms after the upgrade?

Thanks for your help.