Thread: looking for error/troubleshooting info

Adam McCormack Guest

looking for error/troubleshooting info

I inherited a project which is using the asp.db component, the site is in the process of being moved to a new server (the old site used the apparently outdated "aspDB.pro" component.)

the new site im working on is giving me a series of errors, and I have been uable to find any documentation as to what the errors are, whaot to do about them etc. any help would be much appreciated (evan just a link to the troubleshooting/error documentation.
    here are the errors Im getting in case anyone knows what they mean and cares to help with them explictly. thanks in advance to either type of help

Error # (Get_Connection X) = 80004005(-2147467259)
    Description = [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0xd6c Thread 0xbb8 DBC 0x4099a4 Jet'.
    Source = Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers
    SQL State = S1000
    Native Error = 63

Description = [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed
    SQL State = IM006
    Native Error = 0

Description = [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0xd6c Thread 0xbb8 DBC 0x4099a4 Jet'.
    SQL State = S1000
    Native Error = 63

Description = [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file '(unknown)'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.
    SQL State = S1000
    Native Error = -1032

looking for error/troubleshooting info (reply)

To me, it looks like Access issues rather than an ASP-DB issue. I get similar errors when trying to pull data from Access with SQL Server DTS packages when a user has the Access DB open exclusivly. It may also be a permission issue. When the first user connects to an Access Database it creates a .ldb file to track locks. This file is deleted when the last user exits the databases. For this reason, the user requires read, write, create, and delete permissions to the directory the database is in. Some times this file can also become corrupt. If you see that there is a .ldb file in the directory, and you are sure that there are no users in the DB, this might be the situation. Try moving the .ldb file to another directory, so a new one will be create. This may or may not work.

------------
    Adam McCormack at 3/21/2002 3:05:13 PM

I inherited a project which is using the asp.db component, the site is in the process of being moved to a new server (the old site used the apparently outdated "aspDB.pro" component.)

the new site im working on is giving me a series of errors, and I have been uable to find any documentation as to what the errors are, whaot to do about them etc. any help would be much appreciated (evan just a link to the troubleshooting/error documentation.
    here are the errors Im getting in case anyone knows what they mean and cares to help with them explictly. thanks in advance to either type of help

SQL State = S1000
    Native Error = 63

Description = [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed
    SQL State = IM006
    Native Error = 0

SQL State = S1000
    Native Error = 63

Description = [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file '(unknown)'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data.
    SQL State = S1000
    Native Error = -1032