Help! I've being driven crazy by what seems a simple problem in Access97.
I'm pretty close to perching in the nearest tree and taking up drooling as a hobby.
Any help with the following problem would be greatly appreciated.

I have a list of technicians that have certain performance data associated with them
(total orders worked, percentage of time worked in certain categories, average hours
worked per repair, etc). I need a way to look at the raw data and tell where they rank
in respect to everyone else. I need to do this for every category (approximately 10) and
assign them a rank for that category. Example: Joe has the most tickets worked, so he
would be ranked 1 in that category, but he works an average of 4 hours per repair and
would be ranked 27. Bill has the least tickets worked and would be ranked 30, but works
an average of only 1 hour per repair and would rank 1 in that category.

My only idea on this would be to set up a table with the auto-number feature for one of
the fields, then run a query on the data sorted accordingly and plug it into the table. But,
I would need a table for each category. This gets too unwieldly when you figure in the
fact that I also have the techs divided into different categories of techs (like 10 or 12). And
the fact that I would have to manually compact the database each time I wanted to update
the data in order to reset the auto-number on the table.

Argh! Help me, Obi-wan Kenobi! You're my only hope!

-Don Raburne