Thread: DeleteQueryDef in Access95

Roisin Mullan Guest

DeleteQueryDef in Access95

I have an old Access2 database that I want to convert to Access95 but I don't know what to use instead of db.DeleteQueryDef "queryname". Basically, I've got a filter form which creates a query using db.CreateQueryDef "queryname", sql), however if the query already exists (ie. the filter has been run already, I first need to delete the existing query then create the new one.

Has anyone any ideas? I've tried db.Delete queryname, and variations of the same, but I'm still having no success.

Thanks
    Roisin

Sumit Guest

DeleteQueryDef in Access95 (reply)

Try this -

Currentdb.Execute “DROP QUERY <queryname>;”

------------
    Roisin Mullan at 7/30/99 7:56:52 AM

I have an old Access2 database that I want to convert to Access95 but I don&#39;t know what to use instead of db.DeleteQueryDef &#34;queryname&#34;. Basically, I&#39;ve got a filter form which creates a query using db.CreateQueryDef &#34;queryname&#34;, sql), however if the query already exists (ie. the filter has been run already, I first need to delete the existing query then create the new one.

Has anyone any ideas? I&#39;ve tried db.Delete queryname, and variations of the same, but I&#39;m still having no success.

Thanks
    Roisin

Sumit Guest

Sorry, there was a mistake

correct code would be

Currentdb.Execute “DROP TABLE <queryname>;”

------------
    Sumit at 9/20/99 4:23:38 PM

Try this -

Currentdb.Execute “DROP QUERY <queryname>;”

------------
    Roisin Mullan at 7/30/99 7:56:52 AM

I have an old Access2 database that I want to convert to Access95 but I don&#39;t know what to use instead of db.DeleteQueryDef &#34;queryname&#34;. Basically, I&#39;ve got a filter form which creates a query using db.CreateQueryDef &#34;queryname&#34;, sql), however if the query already exists (ie. the filter has been run already, I first need to delete the existing query then create the new one.

Has anyone any ideas? I&#39;ve tried db.Delete queryname, and variations of the same, but I&#39;m still having no success.

Thanks
    Roisin