Thread: Can anybody help with Access DB error?

Rebecca Guest

Can anybody help with Access DB error?

Hi,

I would appreciate any help or suggestions.

I have recently been handed a database that is on one of our servers, it's an Access 97 database and I am not too up to date on Access. One of the tables, when opened continuously throws this error at you:

"Not a Valid Bookmark."

Then you just click on OK until either you get tired and ask Task Manager to close the program, or if you keep going, Dr.Watson steps in with an Application error and closes Access for you.

I tried repairing the database, but this gives me an error regarding the indexes. Also, I made a copy of the database and tried deleting the table and then repairing the database and it threw the same error at me as before I deleted the table.

This is a database that is used heavily by people in my company across the country and I am hoping I will not have to delete it and start from scratch. If anyone can help or offer any kind of suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Rebecca

Can anybody help with Access DB error? (reply)

Did you try exporting the data and then import into a new table. Drop the old and the rename the new to the original?

------------
    Rebecca at 10/3/01 10:02:26 AM

Hi,

I would appreciate any help or suggestions.

I have recently been handed a database that is on one of our servers, it's an Access 97 database and I am not too up to date on Access. One of the tables, when opened continuously throws this error at you:

"Not a Valid Bookmark."

Then you just click on OK until either you get tired and ask Task Manager to close the program, or if you keep going, Dr.Watson steps in with an Application error and closes Access for you.

I tried repairing the database, but this gives me an error regarding the indexes. Also, I made a copy of the database and tried deleting the table and then repairing the database and it threw the same error at me as before I deleted the table.

This is a database that is used heavily by people in my company across the country and I am hoping I will not have to delete it and start from scratch. If anyone can help or offer any kind of suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Rebecca