Thread: unknown database

Chitty Guest

unknown database

Hi to all,
    Actually i have given a set of data files with extension .tim. My job is import that data to sql server. But sql server does not allow to import that data. it says unknown data format. When i opened that file i am able to see text data with some junk letters also. I analysed the data file and tried to read that file with visual basic. I couldn't find any consistent delimiter between records.
    when i used C to open the file it encountered eof in the first record itself. so i couldn't able to proceed.

I wondering if anybody has been in this situation and solved the problem or have any idea to solve. please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Cheers
    Chitty

unknown database (reply)

------------
    Chitty at 9/7/01 6:55:16 AM

Hi to all,
    Actually i have given a set of data files with extension .tim. My job is import that data to sql server. But sql server does not allow to import that data. it says unknown data format. When i opened that file i am able to see text data with some junk letters also. I analysed the data file and tried to read that file with visual basic. I couldn't find any consistent delimiter between records.
    when i used C to open the file it encountered eof in the first record itself. so i couldn't able to proceed.

I wondering if anybody has been in this situation and solved the problem or have any idea to solve. please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Cheers
    Chitty