Thread: merging two tables into a view

Steve Robison, Jr. Guest

merging two tables into a view

Hello,

I have two tables, we'll call them table1 and table2. Table 1 has a lot of columns including username and password information. I have a view that only displays the username and password from table 1. The software that I am using to get the data from the database can't be configured to rename the columns. Table 2 is another table that only has a username and password field. I can't put table 2 into table 1 because a different software program uses table 1. Is it possible to modify the view I have to include table 2.

Thanks,
    Steve Robison, Jr.
    stevejr@ce.net
    CE Net, Inc.

Paul Guest

merging two tables into a view (reply)

Use a UNION query

------------
    Steve Robison, Jr. at 6/18/01 2:04:35 PM

Hello,

I have two tables, we'll call them table1 and table2. Table 1 has a lot of columns including username and password information. I have a view that only displays the username and password from table 1. The software that I am using to get the data from the database can't be configured to rename the columns. Table 2 is another table that only has a username and password field. I can't put table 2 into table 1 because a different software program uses table 1. Is it possible to modify the view I have to include table 2.

Thanks,
    Steve Robison, Jr.
    stevejr@ce.net
    CE Net, Inc.