I use Access2000 for my customer database. A few years ago I read an article in a Cobb Group magazine that gave a code that would allow one to enter a zip code in a combo or text box then, using the user's database as a search source, automatically enter the City and State. If the zip was not in the database Access would automatically move to the City field to allow one to enter the new city, then tab thru the rest of the fields as usual. Once a zip code was added you never had to enter the city and state again. I lost the article and for 3 years have been trying to obtain help with this time saving code. Microsoft has offered suggestions but none seem to work without some kind of problem. I know many businesses utilize a function like this because some never have to ask you for your city and state, just zip code. I operate in a very limited sales area so have no need for a complete zip code directory to take up disk space. I would appreciate any suggestions or guidance. I am only moderately familiar with writing code.
Thank you,
Lee Wolfgang