Thread: Using a "Reference" database

Michael Davis Guest

Using a "Reference" database

Hello,

I have a database(UserDB) that contains a table(users) which contains a list of users and what database name their information is stored in. I.E. Name = "Mike" , Database = "MikesDatabase". Using ASP I find what database to connect to and then connect to it for the remainder of the application.(In this case I connect to "MikesDatabase&#34 The problem is I want to be able to reference that users table in UsersDB while I am in "MikesDatabase". How can I do this without data replication?

Thanks,
    Michael Davis

Michael Davis Guest

Using a "Reference" database (reply)

Also, I cannot use a view because I want to use FKs within "MikesDatabase" that point to the users table in the UserDB.

-- Mike
    ------------
    Michael Davis at 3/23/2002 4:33:22 PM

Hello,

I have a database(UserDB) that contains a table(users) which contains a list of users and what database name their information is stored in. I.E. Name = "Mike" , Database = "MikesDatabase". Using ASP I find what database to connect to and then connect to it for the remainder of the application.(In this case I connect to "MikesDatabase&#34 The problem is I want to be able to reference that users table in UsersDB while I am in "MikesDatabase". How can I do this without data replication?

Thanks,
    Michael Davis