Thread: Newbie Needs Help

Question Newbie Needs Help

Hi All,

I am a newbie to all of this but as exciting as it seems I have found it a bit overwhelming. Which brings me to this forum.
    I did read through and participate in the sql course but I am at a total loss as to how to create the actual tables on my own. If anyone can tell me exactly how and any tips you can share will be greatly appreicated.

Thanks for helping
    Silver

Silver,
    Here are the basics of creating a table programmatically:

create table employee
    (first varchar(15),
    last varchar(20),
    age number(3),
    address varchar(30),
    city varchar(20),
    state varchar(20));

To create a new table, enter the keywords "create table" followed by the table name, followed by an open parenthesis, followed by the first column name, followed by the data type for that column, followed by any optional constraints, and followed by a closing parenthesis. It is important to make sure you use an open parenthesis before the beginning table, and a closing parenthesis after the end of the last column definition. Make sure you seperate each column definition with a comma. All SQL statements should end with a ";".

Hope this gets you started!

Hi,

Thanks for stopping by to help me but I suppose I should have made my question a little more clearer.
    I do understand the statements, at least the ones presented in the sql course. My question is, what program or tool do I use to actually "write" the tables in?
    I hope that makes it easier for someone to help me.

Thanks!!

Silver