Thread: Can't view tables in EM!

Question Can't view tables in EM!

I have suddenly lost the ability to view the tables for one of my database via Enterprise Manager. It just sits at an hourglass and never returns!
    Alos, if I attempt to link to the tables via MSAccess's ODBC interface, I get a timeout.

I am able to view the table list for other user databases, as well as the system databases.

I am able to view other object list (like SPs) for the database in question, via Enterprise Manager.

I am able to perform a select query against the sysobjects table for the database in question.

Any ideas on why Enterprise Manager, and ODBC links, are hanging while trying to access the tables for one particular user database?

Any help is appreciated.

All other functions appear normal. If I can't figure anything out, or no one has any other ideas, I will try rebooting the server after the users are gone for the day.

Well, after siting at an hour glass for almost 10 minutes, the table list finally returned!
    I tried to access it again, and from that point, it brought up the list as quickly as normal.

I am going to attribute this to a glitch in the Matrix!

Any network issue at the time?

Possible space issue

I have seen this issue before in 7.0 when the drive the database is on is almost full. Why it affects EM in this way I am not sure. After creating a little space on the drive and refeshing the table list returned.

rmiao,
    Not sure about network issues. May have been. I haven't seen the problem since, to be able to test that theory.
    I'll keep it in mind, if it happens again.

jas81864,
    There is 6GB of space left on the RAID array. I assume that is enough free space to not be the cause of this problem.