Thread: Access DB running under Citrix

Question Access DB running under Citrix

I hope someone out there can help us. We have an Access DB that is around 200 MB with multiple linked smaller databases (approx. 10 MB each). We are running it under Citrix and Access 2000. It seems that this database 'appears' to lose records. For example....a user logs into Citrix and adds 3 records to one of the linked databases, user 'B' logs into the database from the LAN via a link. they can only see records up to #17 where user 'A' has up to record #20. We have suspected that a ~200 MB Access database should be ported to SQL in order to run properly the programmer is VERY averse to this idea ( I don't think he knows SQL and doesn't want to try it!). Is there an operational limit to Access DB's? Is there any documented 'best practices' for Access sizes and running under Citrix servers? Personally I think that ~200 MB is rather large and an SQL solution would be a best idea. The programmer has mentioned that the LAN connections and the Citrix connections will need to have the drive mappings changed (I'm not sure what that means being a lowly server guy). Any help would be greatly appreciated and if anyone needs more info I can answer any questions you may have.

This doesn't answer every point you mentioned - but we used Citrix largely as a user login security screener. That is, when you use Citrix in conjunction with a login/password synchronicity program - you generally have to be sure you NETWORK user passwords synchronize to all other systems - ie., LAN password synchronizes or is used for LAN entry, SQL Server usage, Access tables linked to SQL Server or other ODBC connections, Email usage, etc.