Thread: Email via Oracle 8i

Email via Oracle 8i

Is there any way to send an email through Oracle without using SMTP? I am bound to MAPI only.

If not with Oracle, how about VBScript?

Script, anyone?

Bueller? Bueller?

Sure you can send through Oracle to MAPI...

Thanks

That looks like what I've been searching for.

I'll be able to get to this next week.

Thanks for your help.

what is MAPI?

Hi
    can u tell me what is MAPI some what more details ant it. And more desribetion about your problem. Well you migt get your answer but still i want to know more details.
    bye
    vinay

MAPI and the question...

MAPI is the Microsoft Messaging API - whihc is Microsoft's proprietary way of sending and receiving internet messages (email). The question was whether or not one could use MAPI to send mail from the Oracle database - which you can using the example from the link above.

Thanks

Hi
    thanks for giving Information about MAPI if you can tell us what is the difference between MAPI and SMTP? it will be more helpful for me.

bye
    vinay

Research it a little...

The major difference between MAPI and SMTP/POP3/IMAP4 is that MAPI is a proprietary API from Microsoft while SMTP/POP3/IMAP4 are open standard APIs that the rest of the world uses. If you want good information about these APIs, just do a search on Google...there's a lot out there.

Thanks once again

hi
    Thanks for suggestion and help.
    I want same help in future from you.
    thanks.
    Vinay

no problem...

In the future you should do a little research first, like a search on Google, as I believe you will learn a lot more than posting questions and waiting for the reply. Besides, replies to boards such as this are not always correct. Whereas if you did a search on Google and brought up several pages of info on any given topic you could probably extrapolate more accurate information.