Thread: sql mail error

stacy Guest

sql mail error

I'm trying to get sql mail up and running. I am able to get the service started. But when I go under SQL Mail/Properties and test the profile that I created it comes back with the following error. Error 22030 a MAPI error(error 273) occurred. Unable to get the default MAPI Message store due to MAPI error. the information store could not be opened. I am running sql server 7.0. I have set up a profile under the exchange. If I bring up outlook on the server I can send and receive messages. I have the both the mssqlserver and the sqlserveragent running under the same account. If I go under operators and do a test on one of the operators I get the following message. The sqlmail session is not running but I sit it running under enterprise manager. We are using the outlook. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

sql mail error (reply)

Stacy,
    I recommend you read knowledge base article # Q263556
    If you go through all the checks I bet you'll find something with your configuration that isn't correct(sql mail is very nasty to setup).
    Included checks:
    admin and agent account the same
    Outlook setup with corporate option NOT internet only
    mapi dlls getting overwritten by outlook Express mapi stubbs
    and a few more you'll want to check out.
    good luck

------------
    stacy at 3/12/01 2:04:55 PM

I'm trying to get sql mail up and running. I am able to get the service started. But when I go under SQL Mail/Properties and test the profile that I created it comes back with the following error. Error 22030 a MAPI error(error 273) occurred. Unable to get the default MAPI Message store due to MAPI error. the information store could not be opened. I am running sql server 7.0. I have set up a profile under the exchange. If I bring up outlook on the server I can send and receive messages. I have the both the mssqlserver and the sqlserveragent running under the same account. If I go under operators and do a test on one of the operators I get the following message. The sqlmail session is not running but I sit it running under enterprise manager. We are using the outlook. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

stacy Guest

sql mail error (reply)

Actually I've already gone through this article and it seems that I have everythign configured properly unless there's something I'm missing.

Stacy

------------
    at 3/12/01 2:53:46 PM

Stacy,
    If you go through all the checks I bet you'll find something with your configuration that isn't correct(sql mail is very nasty to setup).
    Included checks:
    good luck

------------

Kirk Guest

sql mail error (reply)

Hi,

Try to access your mail using the inbox. If it ask you to install
    more components, then do it.. This should work...

Kirk.

------------
    stacy at 3/12/01 3:28:33 PM

Actually I've already gone through this article and it seems that I have everythign configured properly unless there's something I'm missing.

Stacy

------------
    at 3/12/01 2:53:46 PM

Stacy,
    Included checks:
    good luck

------------

Dale Shaw Guest

sql mail error (reply)

You need to login to the server as the user / account that SQL Server and SQL Agent are using THEN configure and test the email. If you the run Enterprise Manager you should be able to see the mail profile ...

Dale