Thread: @@IDENTITY

Trisha Guest

@@IDENTITY

I have a table (tblMoney). When I insert a new row into the table, via a standard insert stored procedure, the new row, has the identity column numbered correctly (say 34 for example). At the end of the stored procedure, we return @@IDENTITY for the developers. This will return a much bigger number (1198).

Any idea how these got out of sync, or how they can be fixed??

Thanks!

Trisha

Chris Thibodeaux Guest

@@IDENTITY (reply)

DBCC CHECKIDENT

------------
    Trisha at 3/9/01 4:27:24 PM

I have a table (tblMoney). When I insert a new row into the table, via a standard insert stored procedure, the new row, has the identity column numbered correctly (say 34 for example). At the end of the stored procedure, we return @@IDENTITY for the developers. This will return a much bigger number (1198).

Any idea how these got out of sync, or how they can be fixed??

Thanks!

Trisha

Dale Shaw Guest

@@IDENTITY (reply)

Hi

Your SP isn't modifying any other tables? @@IDENTITY will return the LAST update done by this connection ...

Dale

Peter Guest

@@IDENTITY (reply)

Does this imply that if you have and Insert that causes a trigger there is no way to capture the identity value of the Insert (assuming the trigger add a record to a table with an identity of course)?

Is there a workaround?, Best Practice?

Regards,

Peter

------------
    Dale Shaw at 3/9/01 5:31:36 PM

Hi

Your SP isn't modifying any other tables? @@IDENTITY will return the LAST update done by this connection ...

Dale