Thread: HardCoded Breakpoint

Lyle Allen Guest

HardCoded Breakpoint

My SQLAgent keeps failing with a DR. Watson message(see above) with differen addresses. Sometimes the SQL Agent will restart and other times it stays down.

I get no messages in the Agent Log or the SQL Server log. I get one message in the NT Event Log "SQLServerAgent Monitor: SQLServerAgent has terminated unexpectedly".

Running NT 4 sp 5 w SQL 7 w sp 2.
    If you look at the NT Services, it shows that SQLAgent is still running. But SQL Enterprise manager shows it stopped.

If you try to look at a scheduled job or a DTS package, you get the message that SQL Agent is starting and to try back later.

Have stopped the NT Services SQL Agent and then tried to start it with Enterprise manager. No luck.
    Only way that I have found to get out of this mess is to restart the server.

Looking for clues

MAK Guest

HardCoded Breakpoint (reply)

Try installing SP2 on that machine again. If possible install SP3.

good luck.....
    -MAK

------------
    Lyle Allen at 3/5/01 12:05:15 PM

My SQLAgent keeps failing with a DR. Watson message(see above) with differen addresses. Sometimes the SQL Agent will restart and other times it stays down.

I get no messages in the Agent Log or the SQL Server log. I get one message in the NT Event Log "SQLServerAgent Monitor: SQLServerAgent has terminated unexpectedly".

Running NT 4 sp 5 w SQL 7 w sp 2.
    If you look at the NT Services, it shows that SQLAgent is still running. But SQL Enterprise manager shows it stopped.

If you try to look at a scheduled job or a DTS package, you get the message that SQL Agent is starting and to try back later.

Have stopped the NT Services SQL Agent and then tried to start it with Enterprise manager. No luck.
    Only way that I have found to get out of this mess is to restart the server.

Looking for clues