Thread: dts package fails

Tom Guest

dts package fails

I have stored procedure that uses the xp_cmdshell procedure to use the dts run to run some dts packages. This package exports data into an Access 97 database. When I run it I get this error:
    Error: -2147467259 (80004005); Provider Error: -533791822 (E02EFBB2)

Error string: Could not update; currently locked by user '(unknown)' on machine ''.

Error source: Microsoft JET Database Engine

Help file:

Help context: 5003218

If I right click on the local package and select execute it runs with no problem. Any ideas what is going on?

Paul Guest

dts package fails (reply)

It looks like it could be that xp_cmdshell is opening Access before the export occurs which is locking the DB or tables.

do u need to use xp_cmdshell ?

------------
    Tom at 3/2/01 9:51:43 AM

I have stored procedure that uses the xp_cmdshell procedure to use the dts run to run some dts packages. This package exports data into an Access 97 database. When I run it I get this error:

Error string: Could not update; currently locked by user '(unknown)' on machine ''.

Help file:

If I right click on the local package and select execute it runs with no problem. Any ideas what is going on?

Tom Guest

dts package fails (reply)

I used the xp_cmdshell command because I move some files and rename some others before and after the exports. I run 8 dts packages. I guess I am going to have to schedule each package separately and run the copies and renames through a different procedure. The bad part about this is the time it takes to run the packages varies so I don't know how far apart to schedule them. What I am doing is on the first of the month I export 8 tables containing the previous months data into an access database that is to do statistical analysis. I was hoping to be able to call all of the dts packages in one procedure but I guess that won't be possible.

------------
    Paul at 3/3/01 9:16:07 AM

It looks like it could be that xp_cmdshell is opening Access before the export occurs which is locking the DB or tables.

do u need to use xp_cmdshell ?

------------
    Tom at 3/2/01 9:51:43 AM

Help file: