Thread: Can't create or edit existing objects from SQL SRV 7.0

Douglas DeBord Guest

Can't create or edit existing objects from SQL SRV 7.0

Hello,

I just upgraded our existing 6.5 installation with the new SQL server 7.0. I can't get any of the existing stored procedures which I imported from 6.5 into 7.0 to allow me to edit them. I do all of my design from Visual InterDev and the SQL Server 6.5 version would allow me to create and edit stored procedures. It would also allow me to create/design new tables.

With SQL Server 7.0 I do not have an option to edit or create any of these items. I have created a new login, assigned it a password, given it admin rights/roles and I am still unable to remotely create these items. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any assistance
    Doug

Ray Miao Guest

Can't create or edit existing objects from SQL SRV 7.0 (reply)

When you refer an object, try use this convention 'dbname.owner.object'.

------------
    Douglas DeBord at 5/4/99 10:58:46 PM

Hello,

I just upgraded our existing 6.5 installation with the new SQL server 7.0. I can't get any of the existing stored procedures which I imported from 6.5 into 7.0 to allow me to edit them. I do all of my design from Visual InterDev and the SQL Server 6.5 version would allow me to create and edit stored procedures. It would also allow me to create/design new tables.

With SQL Server 7.0 I do not have an option to edit or create any of these items. I have created a new login, assigned it a password, given it admin rights/roles and I am still unable to remotely create these items. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any assistance
    Doug