I'm running a program that does alot of individual inserts through the ODBC into tables. I've created the database with no size parameter and am letting it resize as nessesary. At certain points, when attempting an insert or select with aggragate fields, I will get error 913 which reads, "Could not find database ID %d. Database may not be activated yet or may be in transition."

The description of the error is as follows:
This error can occur if there is a problem with the view resolution process. During execution of various compiled objects in a database that reference the database dbid (such as stored procedures and views), it is a normal process to resolve the dbid with other structures within the database. When a compiled object is first created, the dbid where the object is located is embedded in the compiled code. For example, when a view is accessed or a stored procedure is executed, the rights to access the view or execute the stored procedure are checked.

There are no veiws or user added stored procedures in the database. I am simply doing inserts and selects into the database tables. I am not in a transaction. The log size is set to 1 MB. It seems as if the database possibly does not resize when it is dealing with internal temp tables, but that it is only a guess. Has anyone ran into this and is there a solution short of checking avavilable size before every ODBC call that retreives or manipulates data?