Thread: connecting to server - very urgent

deepak Guest

connecting to server - very urgent

I am unable to connect to the SQL Server if i am not logged on to the NT domain.
    Is there any way i can connect to the SQL Server even if i am logged on to only my workstation.
    I get an error :

Unable to connect to server.
    ConnectionOpen ( Createfile() )

Thanks in advance,
    Deepak.

Mohammed Maseeh Guest

connecting to server - very urgent (reply)

What kind of Security setup you have ? Are you trying to log in as "sa" ? What tool are you using to connect ? Enterprise Manager or ISQLW ? If you are not using "sa" are you using a login under the domain which you are not logged in?

------------
    deepak at 3/9/00 3:59:57 PM

I am unable to connect to the SQL Server if i am not logged on to the NT domain.
    Is there any way i can connect to the SQL Server even if i am logged on to only my workstation.
    I get an error :

Thanks in advance,
    Deepak.

Ray Miao Guest

You should use tcp/ip in this case, namesd pipes requires nt authentication.

------------

I get an error :

Thanks in advance,
    Deepak.

Deepak Guest

I am trying to log in as sa.
    The problem is this :
    I ahve an application on the intranet which uses MTS.
    anyone who has not logged on to the domail is unable to access the application because of inability to connect to SQL Server.
    On my machine i looged onto the workstation only and tried to run the application locally ( VB ). It failed to connect to SQL Server.
    When i added TCP/IP netlib in my client network utility for the SQL server. I could connect to the SQL server and run the application.
    I want to know a way to do the same for all the users who will be accessing the application on intranet.
    I installed SQL client on MTS to avail nothing.
    Help.
    Deepak.

------------
    Mohammed Maseeh at 3/9/00 4:05:40 PM

What kind of Security setup you have ? Are you trying to log in as "sa" ? What tool are you using to connect ? Enterprise Manager or ISQLW ? If you are not using "sa" are you using a login under the domain which you are not logged in?

------------

I get an error :

Thanks in advance,
    Deepak.

TCP/IP solved problem for my workstation.
    My problem is that the users on the intranet who have not logged on to the domain are unable access the application.

------------
    Ray Miao at 3/9/00 5:01:54 PM

------------

I get an error :

Thanks in advance,
    Deepak.

Robert Robbins Guest

I assume you web server has the client utilities loaded, so what you need to do is select TCP/IP net lib. at the web server and it probably would not hurt to add an alias that has the IP hard coded in cases of DNS lookup failure at your web server.

------------
    at 3/9/00 5:39:41 PM

TCP/IP solved problem for my workstation.
    My problem is that the users on the intranet who have not logged on to the domain are unable access the application.

------------
    Ray Miao at 3/9/00 5:01:54 PM

------------

I get an error :

Thanks in advance,
    Deepak.