Thread: Number of licenses and Max_connections

Quyen Hang Guest

Number of licenses and Max_connections

I was told that there is no relationship between max_connections and number of licences. So how can i know when the number of user connections exceeds the number of licenses per server (with the error 18458 - the maximum simultaneous user count of %d licenses for this server has been exceeded)? Because I did some tests by openning a number of connections greater than my number of licenses and i didn't get any error.

Ray Miao Guest

Number of licenses and Max_connections (reply)

Use nt license manager to find number of licenses you have. The concurrent connections you can open is the number of licenses you have or value of max connections, which ever is smaller. For instance, you have 20 licenses and set max connections to 10, then you can open 10 concurrent connections only. If you set max connections to 50, you can open 20 concurrent connections.

------------
    Quyen Hang at 4/19/00 3:03:10 PM

I was told that there is no relationship between max_connections and number of licences. So how can i know when the number of user connections exceeds the number of licenses per server (with the error 18458 - the maximum simultaneous user count of %d licenses for this server has been exceeded)? Because I did some tests by openning a number of connections greater than my number of licenses and i didn't get any error.