Thread: SQL Server 7 and Win98

Joey Guest

SQL Server 7 and Win98

Hello,

I recently received my free evaluation to SQL Server 7. I installed it on my windows 98 computer and I am able to
    start the services to SQL server. However, when I go into enterprise manager I am unable to get connected to be able to
    begin creation on a database. I am also unable to create a proper DSN connection to the SQL server database. I am doing
    all of this on my local computer and I am unable to get it working I just need to be able to connect to SQL on my local computer.

Please help. I am not a beginner to creating databases I have done numerous Access databases and know how to
    create DSN's but I have never done one for SQL Server 7. If any one knows how to do this please let me know or if their is
    a good tutorial on how to do that.

Thank you, in advanced.

Joey

Ray Miao Guest

SQL Server 7 and Win98 (reply)

Any network protocol installed on the box?

------------
    Joey at 4/13/99 8:48:34 PM

Hello,

I recently received my free evaluation to SQL Server 7. I installed it on my windows 98 computer and I am able to
    start the services to SQL server. However, when I go into enterprise manager I am unable to get connected to be able to
    begin creation on a database. I am also unable to create a proper DSN connection to the SQL server database. I am doing
    all of this on my local computer and I am unable to get it working I just need to be able to connect to SQL on my local computer.

Please help. I am not a beginner to creating databases I have done numerous Access databases and know how to
    create DSN's but I have never done one for SQL Server 7. If any one knows how to do this please let me know or if their is

Thank you, in advanced.

Joey

Joey Guest

This is just on my local computer that I am trying to connect to SQL Server so I can work locally on a database.
    I do not know what you mean by a box.

------------
    Ray Miao at 4/14/99 7:13:48 AM

Any network protocol installed on the box?

------------

Hello,

Thank you, in advanced.

Joey

Paul Guest

Did you register the new server you created ?. In Enterprise manager right click on the Sql server
    and select register new server. Hope this helps

------------

Hello,

Thank you, in advanced.

Joey