Thread: sizing for SQL server 7.0

joanne nelson Guest

sizing for SQL server 7.0

We are considering migrating our Oracle database over to SQLserver 7.0. I'd like to do some sizing estimates, but I have not been able find any methods for sizing SQL server 7.0 databases. There didn't seem to be any calculation guidlines or formulas in the manual or the online documentation. The only formulas I have found on the WEB are for version 6.5. Does anyone have (or know where I can find)formulas that are valid for sizing SQL server 7.0 databases?

Note: an archived message on this site referred to an attachment containing sizing formulas, but the attachment was not accesible.

Anthony B. Kenitzki Guest

sizing for SQL server 7.0 (reply)

The best sizing tool I have seen so far is the one from Compaq.

Pick it up here at:
    http://www.compaq.com/solutions/enterprise/database-mssqlsizer.html

The headline says it is for 6.5, read further down and you will see that it has size options for 7.0.

Hope this helps.

Anthony B. Kenitzki

------------
    joanne nelson at 3/31/99 1:37:52 PM

We are considering migrating our Oracle database over to SQLserver 7.0. I'd like to do some sizing estimates, but I have not been able find any methods for sizing SQL server 7.0 databases. There didn't seem to be any calculation guidlines or formulas in the manual or the online documentation. The only formulas I have found on the WEB are for version 6.5. Does anyone have (or know where I can find)formulas that are valid for sizing SQL server 7.0 databases?

Note: an archived message on this site referred to an attachment containing sizing formulas, but the attachment was not accesible.

N V K Guest

sizing for SQL server 7.0 (reply)

Check this:
    http://www.microsoft.com/sql/70/whpprs/orcltosql.htm

------------
    joanne nelson at 3/31/99 1:37:52 PM