Thread: #deleted# in Access97 from SQL7

Philip Luke Guest

#deleted# in Access97 from SQL7

When I try to link tables from Access97 to SQL7, all the columns have #deleted# in them. Does any one know why this is?

Thanks

Phil

#deleted# in Access97 from SQL7 (reply)

I have found the same problem on two occasions:
    1. The primary key is of type char or varchar
    2. There is no proimary key.
    When I changed the key filed to an int datatype, the problem disappeared, but then I still had problems running an append query. One of the fields would disappear.

------------
    Philip Luke at 3/12/99 7:41:13 AM

When I try to link tables from Access97 to SQL7, all the columns have #deleted# in them. Does any one know why this is?

Thanks

Phil

Joseph Dance Guest

On some systems, I get the message that the SQL Server 7 ntext datatype - created and released after Access 97 - is not compatible with Access 97, and the table opens with "#deleted#" in all rows and columns. You can query this table, by leaving out the ntext column. On other systems, Access 97 works fine with the same SS7 database, table and column.

I am not sure why one system works and another does not - it might be related to an Office 97 Service Release, to an Access 97 patch, or to having SQL Server 7, Desktop Edition, on the system where it works; I just haven't had time to track it down, but would be very interested in an answer.

------------

Thanks

Phil

Joseph Dance Guest

You should also take a look at the following message and replies:
    "ntext and text in MSSQL 7.0 - Arthur Lambiris 3/26/99 12:41:33 AM"

------------

Thanks

Phil