Thread: Transaction definition/Server Management

Bill Bergen Guest

Transaction definition/Server Management

I need to keep a table indicating the number of "transactions" or Logical Units of Work (LUW) against each database each day. I know transactions are defined with a Begin and End statement but most of our software is from 3rd party vendors who don't use begin and end. How can I determine how many transactions (not necessarily I/O although that might be nice in the future) has occurred against each database. Books On Line does not address the question of transactions other than to say use the Begin/End statments. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance
    Bill Bergen (1-302-636-6814)

Harry Guest

Transaction definition/Server Management (reply)

SQL Profiler will capture this information for you into a file or table.

------------
    Bill Bergen at 12/4/00 3:09:06 PM

I need to keep a table indicating the number of "transactions" or Logical Units of Work (LUW) against each database each day. I know transactions are defined with a Begin and End statement but most of our software is from 3rd party vendors who don't use begin and end. How can I determine how many transactions (not necessarily I/O although that might be nice in the future) has occurred against each database. Books On Line does not address the question of transactions other than to say use the Begin/End statments. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance
    Bill Bergen (1-302-636-6814)