Thread: 6.5 indexes

sacok Guest

6.5 indexes

Is there any way for me to find out when last indexes have been used so that the one I don't need can be dropped.And also the one's that are of no use at all.
    I need this as i am trying to dump all duplicated indexe . i know i can do this in ver 7

thanks

Craig Guest

6.5 indexes (reply)

Not in 6.5, and I am not sure what you mean you can do it in 7.0. If you can, please post it here.

The only way I am aware of is to showplan code, record all references to indexes that the code uses, and drop any that are not needed. If anyone else has a better way, please post.

Craig

------------
    sacok at 1/10/01 8:17:06 AM

Is there any way for me to find out when last indexes have been used so that the one I don't need can be dropped.And also the one's that are of no use at all.
    I need this as i am trying to dump all duplicated indexe . i know i can do this in ver 7

thanks

Shastryv Guest

6.5 indexes (reply)

Generate SQL Script and then figure out unwanted indexes

------------
    Craig at 1/11/01 1:34:38 PM

Not in 6.5, and I am not sure what you mean you can do it in 7.0. If you can, please post it here.

The only way I am aware of is to showplan code, record all references to indexes that the code uses, and drop any that are not needed. If anyone else has a better way, please post.

Craig

------------
    sacok at 1/10/01 8:17:06 AM

thanks