Thread: cannot connect to SQL 7 using dsnless conn & ASP

Andy Sutorius Guest

cannot connect to SQL 7 using dsnless conn & ASP

I have IIS4/ASP on one server (Nomad) and SQL7 on another server (Reliant) in a rack. I am attempting to retrieve records from a table.

I am using this dsnless connection script and I am receiving a login failure:
    http://204.84.96.168/wcc/trustees/default.asp

set con1 = createObject("ADODB.connection&#34con1.open "Provider=sqloledb;Server=204.84.96.99;Databas e=wcc;UID=andy;PWD=sterling;"
    set rs=con1.Execute (sql)

I have set up a new login called andy with the above password and associated the login with the wcc database and the one table that I want to pull data from AND given the login db_creator permissions and checked all of the "select, edit, delete. etc" options.

However when I view who has OWNER status of the wcc database it still reflects the user dbo. Could this be the problem? If so, how do I fix it?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Andy

Barb Dornbrook Guest

cannot connect to SQL 7 using dsnless conn & ASP (reply)

Are you setting up the login as a trusted connection. You must with a dsnless connection.

------------
    Andy Sutorius at 9/3/99 12:33:06 PM

I have IIS4/ASP on one server (Nomad) and SQL7 on another server (Reliant) in a rack. I am attempting to retrieve records from a table.

set con1 = createObject("ADODB.connection&#34con1.open "Provider=sqloledb;Server=204.84.96.99;Databas e=wcc;UID=andy;PWD=sterling;"

I have set up a new login called andy with the above password and associated the login with the wcc database and the one table that I want to pull data from AND given the login db_creator permissions and checked all of the "select, edit, delete. etc" options.

However when I view who has OWNER status of the wcc database it still reflects the user dbo. Could this be the problem? If so, how do I fix it?

Andy

Andy Sutorius Guest

cannot connect to SQL 7 using dsnless conn & ASP (reply)

Barb,

I think this is where my problem is. And I am not sure of the steps to accomplish it. I have an SQL 7 book but it does not give much attention to "trusted connections".

Can you share with me the steps, i.e. 1. go to the security folder of the register server and do, blah, blah

That way I can "check off" what I have/haven't done.

I would certainly appreciate it.

Andy

------------
    Barb Dornbrook at 9/3/99 1:14:43 PM

Are you setting up the login as a trusted connection. You must with a dsnless connection.

------------
    Andy Sutorius at 9/3/99 12:33:06 PM

Andy