Thread: Server Registration

Todd Minifie Guest

Server Registration

Hi

I'm attempting to register a new sql server through the enterprise manager and recieving the following error message: login incorrect, userid not found.

I'm using the sql server wizard to register and selecting the sql server login information as the authentication mode. The login name and password is a valid account on the Windows NT server when i view the domain information.

any responses appreciated

thanks
    Todd Minifie

Junjun Olympia Guest

Server Registration (reply)

The reason for this is you chose SQL server login instead of NT authentication, and yet supply an NT user account (You said u were looking at User manager for NT, right?).
    And also, whether u choose sql or nt authentication, the username (NT or SQL) that u supply should already be assigned as a valid login in the SQL server that you're trying to register.
    Good luck.

------------
    Todd Minifie at 10/5/99 5:53:36 PM

Hi

I'm attempting to register a new sql server through the enterprise manager and recieving the following error message: login incorrect, userid not found.

I'm using the sql server wizard to register and selecting the sql server login information as the authentication mode. The login name and password is a valid account on the Windows NT server when i view the domain information.

any responses appreciated

thanks
    Todd Minifie