Thread: Linked Server to Access

Lingon Guest

Linked Server to Access

I am new to SQL server. I have a pbm setting up a linked server to MS Access using ODBC. My MS Access database is in the Netware server. I have mapped the NT server to this Netware server using a binary account. Then I have setup the ODBC connection. I tested the ODBC its ok. But when I try to view to tables in the Linked server it gives me an error "Disk or Network Error". I am breaking my head for the past few days. If you have any solution. Pls reply. Thanks in advance.

Ray Miao Guest

Linked Server to Access (reply)

Copy the file to local disk then try from there. If this works, the problem is your sql service account doesn't have enough permission on netware.

------------
    Lingon at 10/5/99 8:15:04 AM

I am new to SQL server. I have a pbm setting up a linked server to MS Access using ODBC. My MS Access database is in the Netware server. I have mapped the NT server to this Netware server using a binary account. Then I have setup the ODBC connection. I tested the ODBC its ok. But when I try to view to tables in the Linked server it gives me an error "Disk or Network Error". I am breaking my head for the past few days. If you have any solution. Pls reply. Thanks in advance.

Lingon Guest

Linked Server to Access (reply)

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried the database with local. Its working fine. Can you brief me how to give my service account permission to netware or pls specify where I can find this information

regards

Lingon

------------
    Ray Miao at 10/5/99 9:10:38 AM

Copy the file to local disk then try from there. If this works, the problem is your sql service account doesn't have enough permission on netware.

------------
    Lingon at 10/5/99 8:15:04 AM