Thread: _WA_Sys Indexes

Steve Jimmo Guest

_WA_Sys Indexes

I have found a bunch of indexes on a SQL Server 7.0 database which start _WA_Sys. These were found in the sysindexes table. When I run a select against a newly created version of this database, prior to any users connecting, I do not find any of these indexes. I gather that these are some type of System Indexes, but do not know how they were created. Can anyone elaborate?

TIA

Steve Jimmo

Ray Miao Guest

_WA_Sys Indexes (reply)

They are created by system automatically if you enabled auto create|update statistics (they are enabled by default).

------------
    Steve Jimmo at 10/4/99 1:01:26 PM

I have found a bunch of indexes on a SQL Server 7.0 database which start _WA_Sys. These were found in the sysindexes table. When I run a select against a newly created version of this database, prior to any users connecting, I do not find any of these indexes. I gather that these are some type of System Indexes, but do not know how they were created. Can anyone elaborate?

TIA

Steve Jimmo

Steve Jimo Guest

_WA_Sys Indexes (reply)

Thanks for the info.

Steve

------------
    Ray Miao at 10/4/99 1:44:31 PM

They are created by system automatically if you enabled auto create|update statistics (they are enabled by default).

------------
    Steve Jimmo at 10/4/99 1:01:26 PM

TIA

Steve Jimmo