Thread: Dropped table

David A. Markham Guest

Dropped table

I am helping another division with a problem of a dropped table. They have no backup and after dropping the table, the server has been re-booted 3 times. Is there a way to recover the table with no backup?

Help anyone,
    Thank you.

Mohammed. Guest

Dropped table (reply)

Why don't you try to use DTS from Access to Sql...

Mohammed.

------------
    David at 1/26/01 10:47:42 AM

I thought so. It wasn't replicated, but they did dump the table to an Access table a few days back and we spent the night re-building the remainder of the data from other reports and files we had.

Thank you for your response.

------------
    Paul at 1/26/01 8:06:18 AM

You've lost it i'm afraid.

Was it a replicated table ?

------------
    David A. Markham at 1/25/01 11:36:20 PM

I am helping another division with a problem of a dropped table. They have no backup and after dropping the table, the server has been re-booted 3 times. Is there a way to recover the table with no backup?

Help anyone,
    Thank you.

anders Guest

Dropped table (reply)

Anders. at 2/2 01 3.30 PM

Why donĀ“t you use the transaction log? Find the right backup -that is the one appropriate in time- and apply it with the stop option at some time just before the deletion of the table took place. Be sure to make a copy of that table (table backup), roll forward the following t-log backups until the current log is restored and then recreate your table again from your copy (you must store it in some other database otherwise it will be deleted again as you roll forward) ..

Best regards

//Anders

------------
    Mohammed. at 1/26/01 7:40:20 PM

Why don't you try to use DTS from Access to Sql...

Mohammed.

------------
    David at 1/26/01 10:47:42 AM

I thought so. It wasn't replicated, but they did dump the table to an Access table a few days back and we spent the night re-building the remainder of the data from other reports and files we had.

Thank you for your response.

------------
    Paul at 1/26/01 8:06:18 AM

You've lost it i'm afraid.

Was it a replicated table ?

------------
    David A. Markham at 1/25/01 11:36:20 PM

Help anyone,
    Thank you.