Thread: Wrong db directory after using Wizard transfer - Help...

Lisa Guest

Wrong db directory after using Wizard transfer - Help...

While exporting databases from one machine & importing in to another using SQL upgrade wizard, I regret that I did not select the Edit button on the db creation screen. Thus, all transferred db's are now located at the root! (duh)...Is there a way to recover from this idiotic mistake? Can these databases that now reside at the root level be transferred back to another drive successfully & how? HELP!

kim ingram Guest

Wrong db directory after using Wizard transfer - Help... (reply)

if you are using sql 7 you can deattach move the db's and attach back to them. lookup sp_detach in BOL ....

my 2 cents...

------------
    Lisa at 7/10/00 2:56:21 PM

While exporting databases from one machine & importing in to another using SQL upgrade wizard, I regret that I did not select the Edit button on the db creation screen. Thus, all transferred db's are now located at the root! (duh)...Is there a way to recover from this idiotic mistake? Can these databases that now reside at the root level be transferred back to another drive successfully & how? HELP!

Lisa Guest

Wrong db directory after using Wizard transfer - Help... (reply)

Yes, I'm using SQL 7 and it sounds like this just might work. I'll check it out. Thanks for your quick reply Kim!

------------
    kim ingram at 7/10/00 3:27:37 PM

if you are using sql 7 you can deattach move the db's and attach back to them. lookup sp_detach in BOL ....

my 2 cents...

------------
    Lisa at 7/10/00 2:56:21 PM