Thread: giving permission .......urgent

manish Guest

giving permission .......urgent

i have a user database called calls. In that database there are about 100 of tables. now i want to give permission to that tables to a new user so what is the easiest way to give permission in a single shot to the 100 of the tables.

I know how to give the object permission to the table. But for 100 talbes it will take a lot of times , isn't it???

thanks in advance.

Bill Rutkowski Guest

giving permission .......urgent (reply)

I would setup a role in your database that has the permissions to the 100 tables, and then when you add (or remove) a new user, all you have to do is assign them to that role. This way, you only have to give the permissions one time.

------------
    manish at 12/20/99 10:55:57 PM

i have a user database called calls. In that database there are about 100 of tables. now i want to give permission to that tables to a new user so what is the easiest way to give permission in a single shot to the 100 of the tables.

I know how to give the object permission to the table. But for 100 talbes it will take a lot of times , isn't it???

thanks in advance.

farshid, ghavamian Guest

Hi
    How do you do? I have two problem.I will be tanker, if you help me.
    1)How could i gain SQLSERVER databse/table object permission for a specified user via vb language?
    2) How could i gain server date/time from clinet antipodal via VB language?

Conceivable, please send me a little sample for them.

thanks in advance
    farshid ghavamian
    ghavamian@x-mail.net

New Guest

1. Using role (this role has permission to 100 table)
    2. Write 1 script to grant permission all table (100) to specify user that you want
    (Sorry, my E is bad)

------------

thanks in advance.

Tom Goltl Guest

This script will take all of the user tables in your database and give permissions to a user on them. Take the output of the script and paste it back in your window and run it again.

Tom

select 'grant update on '+b.name+'.'+a.name+ ' to tom'
    from sysobjects a, sysusers b
    where a.type = 'u'
    and a.uid = b.uid

------------
    Bill Rutkowski at 12/21/99 7:12:33 AM

I would setup a role in your database that has the permissions to the 100 tables, and then when you add (or remove) a new user, all you have to do is assign them to that role. This way, you only have to give the permissions one time.

------------

thanks in advance.

Kristine Greenlee Guest

Or just add the user to the db_datareader or db_datawriter roles.

------------
    Tom Goltl at 9/25/00 4:00:27 PM

This script will take all of the user tables in your database and give permissions to a user on them. Take the output of the script and paste it back in your window and run it again.

Tom

select 'grant update on '+b.name+'.'+a.name+ ' to tom'
    from sysobjects a, sysusers b
    where a.type = 'u'
    and a.uid = b.uid

------------
    Bill Rutkowski at 12/21/99 7:12:33 AM

------------

thanks in advance.