Thread: Can't transfer NT user

Dennis Guest

Can't transfer NT user

Does anyone know why you get an error while trying to transfer a database with the DTS?

Thanks in advance

Dennis

Ray Miao Guest

Can't transfer NT user (reply)

What's the error?

------------
    Dennis at 1/3/00 9:50:34 AM

Does anyone know why you get an error while trying to transfer a database with the DTS?

Thanks in advance

Dennis

When you export all of the objects there is no guarantee that the tables / data will be transferred before any stored procedures.

What could be happening is that DTS is trying to copy dependant objects to a new database but the new database does not yet have the objects these depend on.

Try to move the tables with their data first. Then try to DTS the other objects to see if this helps.

------------

Thanks in advance

Dennis

Dennis Guest

(Ray, I'll write the Error message tomorrow - I don't have it here)

Cheers

Dennis

------------
    at 1/3/00 2:57:17 PM

When you export all of the objects there is no guarantee that the tables / data will be transferred before any stored procedures.

What could be happening is that DTS is trying to copy dependant objects to a new database but the new database does not yet have the objects these depend on.

Try to move the tables with their data first. Then try to DTS the other objects to see if this helps.

------------

Thanks in advance

Dennis

Dennis Guest

The error is as follow:

1 task(s) failed during execution

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] There is no such user or group 'the_user'

The user the_user is an NT user with access to the database I try to transfer
    (I have checked the transfer Users)

Does anoone knows how?

Thanks in advance

Dennis

------------
    Ray Miao at 1/3/00 10:24:50 AM

What's the error?

------------

Thanks in advance

Dennis