Thread: Jobs on SQL Server 7.0

Dennis Guest

Jobs on SQL Server 7.0

Hi there and happy newyear

I have a very annoying problem with my SQL Server 7.0

Here is the story:
    In our compagny we have three SQL servers, SQL1, SQL2 and SQL3. The SQL1 server is our development server where we build our databases. When they are ready to go live I make an DTS package that copies the database to SQL2 and put it into a schedule.

Is it somehow possible to execute a job on SQL2 when the job on SQL1 succesfully has finished??

Cheers

Dennis

Jobs on SQL Server 7.0 (reply)

Don't think so.

------------
    Dennis at 1/3/00 9:48:33 AM

Here is the story:
    In our compagny we have three SQL servers, SQL1, SQL2 and SQL3. The SQL1 server is our development server where we build our databases. When they are ready to go live I make an DTS package that copies the database to SQL2 and put it into a schedule.

Is it somehow possible to execute a job on SQL2 when the job on SQL1 succesfully has finished??

Cheers

Dennis

Look at the steps you can give a job. One of the values is an *on success* flag.

------------
    at 1/3/00 10:21:56 AM

Don't think so.

------------

Here is the story:

Cheers

Dennis

Dennis Guest

Thanks for the answers :-)

I know that you can flag them as success or failure, what I don't know is how to execute a job on SQL2 from the SQL1 job.

Cheers

------------
    at 1/3/00 2:52:55 PM

Look at the steps you can give a job. One of the values is an *on success* flag.

------------
    at 1/3/00 10:21:56 AM

Don't think so.

------------

Here is the story:

Cheers

Dennis

Bibhudatta Chaudhury Guest

You can handle this by using Jobs in SQL Server Agent. Make a job on any of teh controlling server which has all the steps that you want.

HTH
    Bibhu

------------

Here is the story:

Cheers

Dennis

Ashwani Guest

You can also use DTS designer to design this job where in you can handle multiple connection,and execute different set of steps depending on success or failuer of previous step,do let me know if you need more details on this,
    Hope it helps,
    Ashwani

------------
    Bibhudatta Chaudhury at 1/4/00 5:53:55 AM

You can handle this by using Jobs in SQL Server Agent. Make a job on any of teh controlling server which has all the steps that you want.

HTH
    Bibhu

------------

Here is the story:

Cheers

Dennis