Thread: Any documentation on SQL Server state icons shown in MMC Console?

Robert O'Brion Guest

Any documentation on SQL Server state icons shown in MMC Console?

Does anyone know of any place I can find documentation on the meanings of the SQL Server state icons displayed in the MMC console for SQL Server 7.0? My server is showing the green running icon but also a vertical red squiggly line. I do not know what this red squiggly line means, and it concerns me. The databases all seem fine, and everything seems to be working, i just have this feeling like something bad is impending and I cannot find anything that tells me what it might be. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Any documentation on SQL Server state icons shown in MMC Console? (reply)

When you connect to a database, open query analyzer, whatever...you are connected to the database. Thus a sguigly line.

You can test this by right clicking on a server with the sguigly and choosing disconnect. Still green (running) no more sguigly (disconnected)

------------
    Robert O'Brion at 2/8/00 11:49:15 AM

Does anyone know of any place I can find documentation on the meanings of the SQL Server state icons displayed in the MMC console for SQL Server 7.0? My server is showing the green running icon but also a vertical red squiggly line. I do not know what this red squiggly line means, and it concerns me. The databases all seem fine, and everything seems to be working, i just have this feeling like something bad is impending and I cannot find anything that tells me what it might be. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Robert O'Brion Guest

Any documentation on SQL Server state icons shown in MMC Console? (reply)

Ahhh.....

I tried what you said and sure enough you are correct. Whew! I was sure that meant something bad....glad I was wrong. Thanks so much for your help!

------------
    at 2/8/00 12:29:54 PM

When you connect to a database, open query analyzer, whatever...you are connected to the database. Thus a sguigly line.

You can test this by right clicking on a server with the sguigly and choosing disconnect. Still green (running) no more sguigly (disconnected)

------------
    Robert O'Brion at 2/8/00 11:49:15 AM