Hi,
here is my set up: SQL 7.0 SP2, NT server 4.0 machines SP5, merge replication, central publisher, 3 push subscriptions on a WAN, 3 pull subscriptions over telephone lines. Everything was going perfectly fine for months until I came across an error on one of the pull sites saying that "the process could make an insertion on the subscriber" last command was sp_ins_234234576..... and I see a timeout expired message. Initially I increased my qrytimeout (it now stands at 300 minutes), and the profile of the agent is set for a slow link. (sometimes the error reports "the process could not make a generation at the sub" This error has crept up on each of the 3 pull subscritions, but has "righted" itself on all but the server which initially reported the problem. I see that each of the pull subscriptions reports this every couple of nights, but on retrys they all (except the one which initially reported the error) get through. I have read from varios news froups and books that this is a non fatal error, but this DB has not replicated for a couple of weeks so it may not be DB fatal but believe me it could be DBA fatal if you know what I mean! Each and every night the replication retries the 10 times and yet merely fails at the same point every night. I have seen this error been related to locking isues in newsgroups, and the advice given was to stop the agent and let it retry, however this does not apply to my problem as this has been tried fruitlessly numerous times...

Any ideas to push me in the right direction?? Sorry about the long post, but I wanted to be clear..

JC