Thread: Not specified

Sri Guest

Not specified

Hi everybody,

we are taking full backup and transaction log backup through Maintenance Wizard on our production server(version 7.0). Till saturday(01/20/2001) we didn't face any problem through this maintenance activity. On Saturday we got the following error, (the following error we got from the sql server error log&#39

"
    Microsoft (R) SQLMaint Utility (Unicode), Version [Microsoft SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLState: IM002)] Error 0:
    [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
    "

Because of the above error, we are unable to take full backup and transaction log backup on saturday & sunday. I searched through the 'Technet', I didn't get any proper information on that. When I saw the books online it says, "IM" implies, 'The class IM is specific to warnings and errors that derive from the implementation of ODBC'.

But we didn't install any ODBC Drivers or any software on that server. Now it is working fine after we reboot the server. But we want to know why such error has occured, so that we can avoid this error in future.

I appreciate if anybody explains me what is cause of this problem?.

tks in advance,
    Sri

Ray Miao Guest

Not specified (reply)

Can you start the task manually? How about backup db in query analyzer?

------------
    Sri at 1/22/01 12:19:13 PM

Hi everybody,

we are taking full backup and transaction log backup through Maintenance Wizard on our production server(version 7.0). Till saturday(01/20/2001) we didn't face any problem through this maintenance activity. On Saturday we got the following error, (the following error we got from the sql server error log&#39

"
    Microsoft (R) SQLMaint Utility (Unicode), Version [Microsoft SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLState: IM002)] Error 0:
    [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
    "

Because of the above error, we are unable to take full backup and transaction log backup on saturday & sunday. I searched through the 'Technet', I didn't get any proper information on that. When I saw the books online it says, "IM" implies, 'The class IM is specific to warnings and errors that derive from the implementation of ODBC'.

But we didn't install any ODBC Drivers or any software on that server. Now it is working fine after we reboot the server. But we want to know why such error has occured, so that we can avoid this error in future.

tks in advance,
    Sri

Sri Guest

Error Occurred when when we run in Maintenance Wizard

Thanks Ray. Ofcourse it works in Query Analyzer. But all these days we hv taken the backup through Maintenance Wizard until the problem had occurred on 01/20/2001.

That's why we want to know how this problem had occurred. Anybody who faced problem like this, please explain us.

thanks,
    Sri

------------
    Ray Miao at 1/22/01 12:43:51 PM

Can you start the task manually? How about backup db in query analyzer?

------------
    Sri at 1/22/01 12:19:13 PM

Hi everybody,

"
    "

tks in advance,
    Sri