Thread: access memo fields to sql

ballistic Guest

access memo fields to sql

I have an access database that I am about to move over to SQL Server. In there I have member table that has a memo field. This table has the potential to grow quite big. My question is: what issues does having a large text field have on my database. Will it slow down my updates, searches or inserts? I plan on using this field for such things like a biography of the member. Is using a text field the best way to go, or should I look at text files instead? Many thanks,

BL Guest

access memo fields to sql (reply)

You should definitely consider having the TEXT field in a separate table so access to the other fields in the member table won't be affected.

------------
    ballistic at 10/11/00 6:49:20 PM

I have an access database that I am about to move over to SQL Server. In there I have member table that has a memo field. This table has the potential to grow quite big. My question is: what issues does having a large text field have on my database. Will it slow down my updates, searches or inserts? I plan on using this field for such things like a biography of the member. Is using a text field the best way to go, or should I look at text files instead? Many thanks,