Thread: restore single table

Lineya Guest

restore single table

How can I restore just one table from the full backup? It was very easy with 6.5 but I am not sure whether it's possible with 7.0 and if it is possible, how to do it.

Thanks in advance.

Edogg Guest

restore single table (reply)

I have tried this myself, to no avail. There seems to be no way of restoring just a single table in SQL 7. You can restore the entire database, the trans. log, or file/files, but not specific objects to my knowledge. Your only recourse may be to restore under a different database name, then migrate the table from the restored db to the current db.

------------
    Lineya at 10/13/00 4:23:33 PM

How can I restore just one table from the full backup? It was very easy with 6.5 but I am not sure whether it's possible with 7.0 and if it is possible, how to do it.

Thanks in advance.

Stu Guest

restore single table (reply)

Sad, but true. What were they thinking?

------------
    Edogg at 10/13/00 5:00:38 PM

I have tried this myself, to no avail. There seems to be no way of restoring just a single table in SQL 7. You can restore the entire database, the trans. log, or file/files, but not specific objects to my knowledge. Your only recourse may be to restore under a different database name, then migrate the table from the restored db to the current db.

------------
    Lineya at 10/13/00 4:23:33 PM

Thanks in advance.