Thread: Builtinadminsitrators

Builtinadminsitrators

Hi,
    I have a question about the builtinadmisntrators group/login. I understand that they are local administrators. But I do not want anyone to be able to log on with Windows Authentication. When I tried to use sp_revokelogin the login dropped, and I was successful in forcing a user to login with SQL server auth. But my dbccs (run as 'sa&#39 and backups (run as 'operator&#39 started to fail. Does anyone know where I am going wrong and what the work around for this is?

Thanks in advance
    K

Ray Miao Guest

Builtinadminsitrators (reply)

Any error message?

------------
    at 1/12/00 1:17:18 PM

Hi,
    I have a question about the builtinadmisntrators group/login. I understand that they are local administrators. But I do not want anyone to be able to log on with Windows Authentication. When I tried to use sp_revokelogin the login dropped, and I was successful in forcing a user to login with SQL server auth. But my dbccs (run as 'sa&#39 and backups (run as 'operator&#39 started to fail. Does anyone know where I am going wrong and what the work around for this is?

Thanks in advance
    K

Builtinadminsitrators (reply)

The error in the SQLserveragent.out:

SQLServer error: 18456, Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITYSYSTEM'.[SQLSTATE 28000]
    logon to server: '(local)' failed (Job Manager)

Thanks

------------
    Ray Miao at 1/12/00 1:40:06 PM

Any error message?

------------
    at 1/12/00 1:17:18 PM

Hi,

Thanks in advance
    K